What is a purpose of the boot manager program?
- It manages antivirus signature files, encryption keys, and certificates when a device boots.
- It automates the POST and checks the disk for bad sectors during a boot.
- It checks the validity of hardware and software on the device after a factory reset.
- It allows the user to select the OS to use to boot the device.
- It allows the user to determine which apps are automatically opened during the boot process.
Many devices have multiple operating systems installed in different partitions. When a device boots, the boot manager asks the user to select the OS to use. The boot manager then directs the BIOS to the correct partition so that the device can continue to boot by using the selected OS.