A technician is troubleshooting a PC. The display shows an “Invalid Boot Disk” error after the POST. What is a probable cause?
- The MBR is corrupted.
- A process is using most of the CPU resources.
- The date and time have been changed in the BIOS and do not reflect the correct time and date.
- The PC does not have a floppy drive or the floppy drive is broken.
- The PC has a BIOS password.
Possible causes for the error shown are:
(1) Media that does not have an operating system is in a drive.
(2) The boot order is not set correctly in the BIOS.
(3) The hard drive is not detected or the jumpers are not set correctly.
(4) The hard drive does not have an operating system installed.
(5) The MBR is corrupted.
(6) The computer has a boot sector virus.
(7) The hard drive is failing.