18.104.22.168 Lab – Install the Drives
Lab – Install the Drives (Answer Version)
In this lab, you will install the hard disk and optical drives.
Answer Note: Ensure that the optical drive is installed right side up.
- Computer case with power supply and motherboard installed
- Antistatic wrist strap and antistatic mat
- Tool kit
- Hard disk drive
- Hard disk drive screws
- Optical drive
- Optical drive screws
- Motherboard manual
Step 1: Install the Hard Disk Drive.
- Align the hard disk drive with the 3.5 inch drive bay.
- Slide the hard disk drive into the bay from the inside of the case until the screw holes line up with the holes in the 3.5 inch drive bay.
- Secure the hard disk drive to the case using the proper screws.
Step 2: Install the Optical Drive.
Note: Remove the 5.25 inch cover from one of the 5.25 inch external drive bays if necessary.
- Align the optical drive with the 5.25 inch drive bay.
- Insert the optical drive into the drive bay from the front of the case until the screw holes line up with the holes in the 5.25 inch drive bay and the front of the optical drive is flush with the front of the case.
- Secure the optical drive to the case using the proper screws.
This lab is complete. Please have the Answer verify your work.